Following on from yesterday’s announcement regarding the latest government restrictions and further to the communications from Croke Park today, Wexford GAA would like to confirm the following to all clubs:
- All club adult collective training (including u20) shall cease from Thursday 22nd October.
- u13 and u15 Coiste na nÓg Competitions yet to be completed will be rescheduled for completion in February 2021 subject to GAA Government restrictions in place at that time. Further information including provisional dates will be advised in early January 2021.
- Adult Junior B championships yet to be completed will be rescheduled for completion in February 2021 subject to GAA Government restrictions in place at that time. Further information including provisional dates will be advised in early January 2021.
- The 2020 U20 Football and Hurling Club Championships will be rescheduled for 2021 and provisional dates will be advised following the 2021 GAA Master Fixtures Calendar has been provided by Croke Park.
- Clubs who have suspended activities in the past two weeks may resume activities in consultation with the HSE.
Underage non-contact training (nurseries up to and including u17) may continue if a club wishes to do so. We encourage clubs to engage with parents to ascertain the demand for such activity as these activities may provide an outlet for children. However, any activities may only be carried out under GAA Return to Play COVID guidelines, in pods of 15 and in outdoor settings only. Wexford GAA Coaching and Games will liaise with club coaching officers to provide sample coaching sessions that meet the required criteria of GAA’s guidelines.
We encourage all clubs to renew their efforts to assist those who are vulnerable in their communities as occurred during previous lockdowns. Clubs may also be called upon again to assist the County Council’s COVID response.