Wexford GAA statement for round 1 hurling games
Set out below is the key information regarding attendances at Round 1 fixtures of the Pettitt’s Senior Hurling Championship, the Courtyard Ferns Intermediate Hurling Championship and the Intermediate “A” Hurling Championship. Wexford GAA has received no substantive response to our representations to Government seeking a modest increase in attendance capacity at our county grounds and we must therefore plan on the basis of the current regulations that cap attendance at any outdoor event at 200 persons. This cap includes all attendees at an outdoor event including players, officials, media etc.
• Every match in the above competitions will be ALL TICKET only; there will be no tickets available on general sale. Wexford GAA OAP Pass holders and U-16s must have a valid ticket / season ticket card and will not be admitted without a ticket.
• An allocation of tickets will be available to participating clubs only. Quantities of tickets allocated depends on the number of season ticketholders eligible for the fixture. Clubs will be contacted separately about arrangements in this regard.
• Wexford GAA Club Card and Croke Park Season Ticket Club+ holders will be able to attend fixtures involving their nominated club only in round 1. An e-mail will issue to all season ticketholders later today to advise them that their card will give them access only to fixtures involving their nominated club. A list of eligible cardholders will be at the access point to each fixture. As per standard rules, such cards are transferable but can only be used for the card owners nominated club’s fixture.
Wexford GAA TV will broadcast full deferred match coverage of St. Anne’s v Rathnure on Friday evening 17 July @ 9.15pm (free of charge) following the conclusion of TG4’s live coverage of St.Martin’s v Oulart-the-Ballagh from Chadwicks Wexford Park.
Wexford GAA TV plan to stream three additional fixtures over the weekend. Full details will be confirmed ASAP.
The 200-person attendance limit at present also applies to Junior and Junior ‘A’ fixtures this weekend. Hosting clubs will be contacted with regard to these fixtures separately.
We are seeking clubs’, patrons’ and the general public’s cooperation in this regard, given the extraordinary circumstances during this pandemic, so that we can comply with government regulations regarding attendances at outdoor events. It is anticipated that permitted attendances will increase to 500 persons from Phase 4 of the national roadmap which is due to commence on 20 July. We will continue to press the case that larger attendances can safely be accommodated in specific county grounds.
We emphasise once more that admittance will only be granted to:
• Ticket Holders (from club allocations)
• Wexford GAA Club Card or Croke Park Season Ticket Club+ for the cardholder’s club’s fixture. A list of eligible cardholders will be at the access point to each fixture.
Any Wexford GAA Club Card holders who have yet to be contacted for confirmation of their e-mail address and nominated club can contact the office in Chadwicks Wexford Park on 053-9144808.