The 1899 All Ireland Hurling wasnt played until 1901. Blackwater again didnt really have any club jersey but its was stated in the GAA ‘History of county coolours’ that we wore black and amber. This was probably in reference to the black and amber caps.
Amazingly Blackwaters last game was in 1904 and after this the club disbanded, a year after playing in a All Ireland Final. It wasnt until 1911 that the club reorganised, it was decided not to continue with green and gold as “So many other teams wear these colours” so it was agreed to wear all...
Blackwater reorganised in 1932 after 3 years away and there was two clubs in the parish at this time, the other being Tobberlamina Fenians who were to reach the junior 1932 county final. The Blackwater team wore Saffron jerseys.
Due to unknown reasons, the club split in 1938 with a new club set up called the Island Rangers. Two years later though, we rejoined and the green and gold jerseys were the island rangers and were used, Joe Kehoe purchasing these. The green and gold hooped jerseys were used in the late 1940's to the early 1950's. Unfortunately its not know what the club used up until then.
This jersey design was used for in the early 50’s, unfortunately it is not known exactly when but the club continued to use this jersey design ever since.
Blackwater won its first county football title in 1981, with the jersey only having some minor changes, no buttons, a smaller yellow band and still long sleeves been prevalent.
Around this time, with so many clubs wearing green and gold, it was decided to get a second colour. They were purchased as we were due to play Buffers Alley in a Intermediate Football Quarter final with clubs jerseys clashing.
The jersey pretty much stayed the same apart from a yellow collor introduced and the GAA adding a logo to the jersey. A number of different sponsors adorned these jersys throughout the late 90’s and early 00’s O’Sheas, Etchinghams, O’Connors Garage etc.
In 2003, the jersey undertook a radical design moving away from the yellow band to an unusual design, I believe sponsored by Andy Roche Joinery. A lot of clubs and counties went with this design as O’Neills offered clubs new designs for their jerseys moving away from the main stream.
A more modern jersey with more designs been open to those wishing to purchase a new set and also the first jersey to have our club crest designed by Senan Lillis.
We again changed a bit from the conventional where on this jersey the yellow bar finishes at the front with just green and yellow number on the back. It also has a new addition of three gold stripes on the sleeve with Blackwater in white wrote under it.
On the 125th anniversary, a replica jersey of the 1901 All Ireland Final jersey was purchased.