Match Reports and Club NewsAfter 120 minutes of hurling, U15s win through

After 120 minutes of hurling, U15s win through

St. Brigids Blackwater 3-15 to 0-16 Davidstown-Courtnacuddy

The U15s won finally defeated Davidstown to move into the quarter final stages under the lights of St. Patricks Park. Some last minute scores in the first game rescued the tie for our lads but there was no close call this time.

Pad O’Connor team manager welcomed back Rian Salmon to the team and he really put in a man of the match performance clearing a number of balls throughout the match at full back. He also got his match ups sort on from the first day, where as Davidstown scored a number of goals in both times when we played them this year, they met a back line in brilliant form with Ronan Malanowski curtailing one of the D/C top scorer’s from the first game.

We were 4 points up after three minutes when a ball broke through to Callum Mooney and the Crosshue man was able to scramble it home. Alot of the scores for both teams came from frees with both Ciaran Cash and the Davidstown number 11 sharing scoring duty throughout the first half. On 20 minutes we lead by 5 and looked comfortably on top but the men from Enniscorthy started to real off some points and were level with a minute to go before half time. Ciaran free just on the stroke had us going into the half time huddle just a point up.

On the restart some nice interlinking play with Callum, Jimmy resulting. free for Ciaran to push it to 2 but D/C again pointed a free almost immediately. Ciaran and D/c continued to hit frees before Eugene was slightly injured in a tackle and had to moved to full forward. This enforced change seemed to change the complication of the game as within 2 minutes he had it in the back of the net, albeit with a bit of luck, his ground stroke going all the way to the net with the Davidstown keeper unluckily blindsided. The yet again thought fought back hitting two points and with 12 left on the clock the score was back to 2. Jimmy;s next goal shot just drifted over the bar before Ciaran yet again had us in the lead by 4 with a pointed free. It was all one way traffic down the final stretch Ciaran pointing from near the sideline before our third goal. A brilliant run by Jay Mooney, running through the centre made space for Jimmy coming from the middle off the shoulder and a quick pop pass to him, he had plenty of space and rattled the top corner. We were now 7 in front with 7 left with further scores for Cash and exceptional Jimmy Whelan solo effort seeing out the game strongly. The lads take on a very strong Rathnure team in the quarters, who finished top of their group.

Scorers: Ciaran Cash 0-12, 0-8 free, Jimmy Whelan 1-2, Eugene Clarke 1-0, Callum Mooney 1-0, Adam O’Connor 0-1,